CBD is the hot new wellness product that’s been circling around the internet for quite some time now. Many people have jumped on the trend and started incorporating CBD into their daily routines. It’s also left many people a bit skeptical about how it works. If you’re curious about CBD or don’t know what it is, that’s ok! Here is a CBD beginner guide that will break down everything you need to know.
What is CBD?
CBD stands for Cannabidiol and it’s an active compound found in the Cannabis plant. According to Health.com, CBD is a natural substance that’s used in different products that will help impart a feeling of relaxation. Unlike THC, (the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana), CBD does not get you high.
Who Can Use CBD?
It can be intimidating being a beginner with anything, especially a CBD beginner. Depending on your state’s restrictions you must be 18 years old or older to use CBD products. In most cases, you must be 21 years old or older to purchase CBD from a dispensary. CBD is commonly used for people who suffer from anxiety, sleeping problems, and chronic pain.
Should you take CBD?
Are you considering adding CBD into your routine but not sure if it’s for you? CBD can be used to help a range of problems people deal with, and we’ve listed some below.
Consider taking CBD if you:
- Suffer from pain. There are topical CBD lotions and creams that can relieve joint and muscle pain. People who suffer from joint inflammation can find relief with CBD.
- Suffer from anxiety. People who suffer from anxiety may find relief by using CBD. According to The National Library of Medicine, “CBD interacts with the cannabinoid type 1 receptor (CB1R), the serotonin 5-HT1A receptor, and other receptors in the brain that regulate fear and anxiety-induced behaviors.”
- Have difficulty sleeping. People with insomnia have found relief by using CBD oils. According to the American Sleep Association, research shows that CBD may interact with certain brain receptors that affect the sleep/wake cycle. CBD can also decrease anxiety and pain, which interferes with restful sleep.
- Have Acne. CBD oils have anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce inflammation. There’s also research that concluded CBD could safely treat acne.
- Want to benefit your heart. According to Healthline, studies have shown CBD being linked to helping high blood pressure and benefiting the overall circulatory system.
*Although CBD may help with these issues, it’s important to note that everyone is different, so your body may have slightly different reactions to incorporating CBD into your routine.
Is CBD Safe?
The heightened popularity and interest in CBD has some people raising eyebrows concerning the safety of using the product. The FDA is aware of the growing interest in CBD products, but at this time the FDA does not regulate the safety or impurity of certain CBD products. On the other hand, there is evidence that some CBD products are effective for users who typically suffer from chronic pains, anxiety, and sleep-related issues. If you’re thinking of taking CBD products, there are some side effects to be wary of. According to Harvard Health Publishing, some known side effects of CBD are fatigue, nausea, and irritability.
How Do You Take CBD?
One of the great things about CBD is that it can be taken in different ways. It allows users to tailor to their specific needs without feeling stuck in one method. Since it comes in a variety, CBD is able to benefit different parts of the body.
5 ways to take CBD
- CBD Oils
- CBD oils are usually taken orally through a CBD-infused liquid. The oil is used with a dropper and placed underneath the tongue. It’s a fast and easy way to get your dose of CBD.
- CBD Lotions and Creams
- Lotions and creams are a great way to apply CBD topically. Once applied to the skin, the CBD will work in the concentrated area. This method is great for people with muscle/ joint pain. It’s also good for people with skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Vaping and Smoking
- Vaping and smoking CBD is one of the fastest ways to feel the effect of CBD. When it comes to smoking and vaping, some people can be on the fence about this topic. Luckily there are methods that provide safe vaping and smoking practices. NAVA Pouch is a dry herb vaporizer that is a safe way to enjoy CBD and hemp flowers without extra chemicals (found in most vaporizers).
- CBD Edibles
- Edibles are a good way to ingest CBD. It’s also one of the most popular ways to take it. They come in many forms such as gummies, candies, and other treats. Overall they’re an easy and portable way to take your CBD.
- CBD Capsules and Pills
- Taking CBD capsules and pills are another way to absorb the treatment orally. It’s quick and efficient along with being an odorless and tasteless method of taking CBD. Although it’s quick, this method takes the longest to feel the effects of CBD.
What are The Benefits?
CBD is a great way to relieve some of our everyday problems. One of the biggest benefits of CBD is found in a medication that is used for epileptic treatment for children under 2 years old. CBD is also useful for people who suffer from anxiety and different chronic pains. CBD takes on many forms and there are benefits from each of them. One form with the most benefits is CBD oils.
According to Verywell health CBD oil can help treat:
- Chronic pain
- Drug addiction and withdrawal
- High blood pressure
- Muscle spasms
- Parkinson’s disease Chart:https://medium.com/@HonestHealthCBDOil/honest-health-cbd-oil-70e04b215741
Overall, incorporating CBD into your daily routine can be beneficial and offer relief in various areas in your life.
How Do I Purchase CBD?
CBD products can mainly be purchased through online retailers and health & wellness stores.
Tip: When shopping for CBD online, avoid sites/distributors that offer little information about their products or only offer vague descriptions.
The Best CBD Products + Where to Purchase Them
- Social Rest CBD Lotion. Purchased Here.
- Full Spectrum CBD Softgels. Purchased Here.
- Sunday Scaries CBD Gummies. Purchased Here.
- NuLeaf Naturals Full Spectrum CBD Oil. Purchased Here.
- NAVA Pouch Dry-Herb Vaporizers and Pouches. Purchased Here.
Hesitant? Try This.
Although CBD comes with notable benefits and can take on different forms, It’s totally fine to be hesitant about taking it. If you’re wary about taking CBD, we suggest starting out with CBG. CBG stands for Cannabigerol which is a minor and lesser-known cannabinoid. Although it’s not as known, it has so much to offer! It’s known for boosting moods and reducing anxiety.
A great company that sells dry-herb vaporizers and whole flower pouches is NAVA Pouch. NAVA is a natural blend of CBD and CBG hemp flowers that are converted to a small pouch. It’s then inserted into their vaporizers. Unlike traditional vaporizers, it leaves no smoke or mess! You really get the full experience.
Hopefully, after reading this CBD Beginner post, you have learned that CBD is a natural substance that has amazing benefits. There’s evidence that it can help anxiety, chronic pains, insomnia, and plenty of other issues. The great thing about CBD is that it’s so many ways to take it. CBD can be taken as a gummy, lotion, oil, capsule, or vaped. CBD can be purchased through health & wellness stores as well as online retailers. If you’re hesitant about taking CBD, that’s totally fine! NAVA Pouch is a blend of CBD and CBG hemp flowers that will boost your mood and reduce anxiety.